Have you considered becoming a Family Child Care (FCC) Provider? Do you love children and interested in a rewarding career in Early Childhood Education? Then FCC is right for you! Family Child Care allows you to provide quality child care for fellow military families in need of a safe, affordable, and convenient location for their children.
· By choosing to become a FCC provider allows you to own a home based business which is transferrable from one installation to another once you and your family PCS*.
· Family Child Care rates are 15 % lower than facility based child care.
· Family Child Care hours of operation can be flexible based on the needs of both your family and the families that you serve.
· Prior to becoming a certified provider a background check is required for the applicant and any family member over the age of 12.
· Receive weekly home monitoring, oversight, and ongoing professional development opportunities, to include, an orientation week.
· Family Child Care is a child’s home away from home but an essential extension of the Child and Youth Services programs.
· Family Child Care follows the Creative Curriculum philosophy which consists of developmentally appropriate materials and activities.
· Please remember it is okay to be neighborly, however, any unauthorized childcare can put you and your family at risk. A 10 hour child care limit has been established by the Department of Defense to protect all children from being in unregulated child care settings on regular basis.
For more information please contact the Family Child Care office (912)767-7326 or visit stewarthunter.armymwr.com/programs/family-child-care