- FS-Hunter Registration Checklist
- CYS Program and Consent Form
- Health Screen Tool 1
- USDA Income Eligibility
- CYS Health Assessment
- Welcome to CYS
For the latest info. & updates, see our Response to COVID-19 page.
Child and Youth Services (CYS) provides programs and services for children of eligible military and civilian families. Within CYS you will find something to meet your children’s needs, including:
- Full, part time or hourly child care
- Before/after school care
- Programs for your middle school and teen youth
- Instructional classes
- Workforce preparation opportunities
- Sports and fitness activities
Today’s CYS programs, deemed a "model for the nation" by Presidential acclaim, continue to operate on these cornerstones:
- Quality – Child care is DoD-certified and nationally accredited
- Availability – Child care is available on- and off-post
- Affordability – Fees for various programs are competitively priced and affordable regardless of sponsor's income
- Accountability - To safeguard the Army's resources by efficient management oversight, good fiscal stewardship, reducing waste and protecting assets of programs and services to Soldiers and their Families.
- Registration and Forms
1. Make an Appointment at Parent Central Services
Parent Central Services is your one stop shop for access to all programs. This is where you will find the instructions and forms to enroll your children with CYS and to register for:
- Childcare: Child Development Center (CDC), School-Age Center (SAC) and Army Child Care in Your Neighborhood (ACCYN) community based center programs.
- Youth Program (Middle School and Teens)
- Parent Education
To streamline the process and save you time, review the instructions and complete the forms before making your visit to Parent Central Services.
To begin, stop by Parent Central Services or call for an appointment.
2. Complete Required Forms
Form 6 Weeks-5 years old 1st-6th Grade+ Required Annually Registration Checklist (.pdf) 1 per family N/A Health Assessment (.pdf) 1 per child N/A Yes Child Care Fees and LES (.pdf) 1 per family N/A Yes Shot Records (you provide) 1 per child N/A Yes
Immunization Schedule updated April 2013 (.pdf)
1 per child 1 per child Health Screening Tool (.pdf) 1 per child 1 per child Yes
3. Complete Forms If Applicable
Form 6 Weeks-5 years old 1st-6th Grade+ Required Annually Respiratory Medical Action Plan (.pdf) 1 per child 1 per child X as applicable Special Diet (.pdf) 1 per child 1 per child X as applicable Allergy Medical Action Plan (.pdf) 1 per child 1 per child X as applicable Diabetic Medical Action Plan (.pdf) 1 per child 1 per child X as applicable Seizure Medical Action Plan (.pdf) 1 per child 1 per child X as applicable
4. Bring Forms to your Parent Central Services Appointment
Our expert staff will complete your registration electronically and issue your registration card and password.
5. Enroll in Programs
Fees are charged monthly regardless of the number of work days in a month, the number of federal holidays or unexpected closures due to command decisions or acts of severe weather. Fees may be paid as follows:
- Billing for SKIESUnlimited is processed on the 1st of the month. Parents may pay in person (at any CDC, at SAC or at Parent Central Services) or online. Participants with an outstanding balance after the 5th day will be dropped from the class roster. Sponsors are responsible for fees incurred due to non-payment
- Billing for Full-day, Before School and After School Programs is processed semi-monthly on the 1st and the 15th of the month. Parents have the option to pay in person or online. Late payment fee of $10 is charged on 6th business day of the billing cycle per child/per program through DD-139 Garnishment.
- Youth Sports fees are due at the time of enrollment. They are not billed after the intial enrollment cost.
- Hourly Care Fees are due at the time of pickup.
In accordance with DoD and DA directives, military child care fees are based on Total Family Income (TFI) not military rank or civilian grade. The Military Services subsidize fees on a sliding scale for every Family regardless of rank/grade or income. TFI is all earned (gross) income including wages, Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH), Basic Allowance for Housing with Dependents Rate (BAH RC/T), salaries, tips, special duty pay (flight pay, active duty Demo pay, sea pay) etc., regardless of whether they live in government housing or off the installation. Failure to provide required income verification will result in assignment to highest Fee Category 9.
If a childcare space is not immediately available, you may elect to be added to our waiting list. When a parent accepts a space, a 10% non-refundable deposit is required - the initial payment will equal 10 percent of the monthly payment rounded to the nearest dollar which will be credited to the first month's payment.
Multiple Child Reductions (MCR): A 15 percent MCR is applied when more than one child is enrolled in regularly scheduled child care program offered by CYS (excluding camps). The second child and subsequent children will receive the discount.
- 2022-2023 Georgia Pre-K Lottery
LOTTERY DRAWING: Thursday, 7 April
Families will be notified if their child’s name was drawn in the lottery process. Children who are not selected will be placed on a waiting list
Registration March 1-31
Georgia Pre-K is a State funded program that provides a language-rich environment where early learners are introduced to a more
formal educational setting to enhance their school readiness skills necessary to enter Kindergarten.
- Students must be four years of age on or before 01 September 2022 - NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Sponsor must be a DoD I.D. cardholder (Active Duty & DoD Civilian)
- The Pre-K program is free of charge and operates for 6.5 hours per day, Monday through Friday
- Part-time fees will be assessed for patrons requiring wrap-around care
You'll need to submit the following documents:
- 2022 CYS Pre-K Lottery Application
- Proof of Eligibility/I.D. Card
- Original Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- LES/Pay Stubs (Total Family Income)
- Proof of Residence (rental agreement or utility bill)
Documents due after program entry
- GA Certificate of Immunization Form 3231 - Due within 30 days
- Georgia Ear, Eye, and Dental Screening - Form 3300 Due within 90 days
If you are interested in the enrolling your child in the Georgia Pre-K program, stop by Parent Central Services at:
- Fort Stewart Bldg. 438 (Office: 912-767-2312)
- HAAF Bldg. 1286 (Office: 912-315-5425)
CYS Pre-K Locations:
- Bldg. 403 FS
- Bldg. 475 FS
- Bldg. 8805 HAAF
Parent Central Services is the gateway to all the latest programs and services that Child & Youth Services has to offer. You can register your child with CYS and receive access and information on all our programs and services. Registration is FREE and RENEWABLE on an annual basis.
In order to maintain the highest level of customer service our Families deserve, Parent Central Services will prioritize patrons by appointment during regular operating hours (last appointment is at 1600). Wednesday is open to better accommodate our walk-in patrons. Failure to provide completed documentation may result in rescheduling of appointment.
CYS Registration Packet Forms:
MST (Middle School & Teen) Registration Packet Forms:
CDC Hourly Care Re-Opening
Hourly care will be available at Fort Stewart Child Development Center 403 beginning on April 18.
Hourly care is available Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. and is limited to 16 hours per week. Reservations are based on priority and must be paid at the time of reservation.
Stewart CDC Bldg. 403 will begin taking reservations on April 11.