- Libby Auto Skills Center on Fort Stewart
New COVID-19 preventative measures now in place:
- Patrons are limited to only the person working on the vehicle in the facility (no guests).
- Must bring and wear own mask at all times.
- Maintain recommended social distancing guidelines at all times.
- Every other bay is being utilized, so that means less patrons in the facility.
- First come, first serve basis.
Mechanic For Hire:
- By appointment only.
- Vehicle must be dropped off. Patron may not stay at or in the facility.
- Customers will be called when work is completed to schedule pick up.
The Libby Auto Center is a 28 bay facility. There are 16 lifts, body and paint bays, bays without lifts, welding area, engine overhaul area, tool check out, work benches in bay areas, and motorcycle repair areas. We are currently increasing our parts inventory to include most fast service filters, fluids, lights and etc.
Special tools and equipment include Snap-On alignment machine, three tire changers, Snap-On Computer Analysis, Sun starting/charging tester, Hunter tire balancers, two A/C recharging units. The equipment available at the Libby Auto Skills shop is modern and up to date. Test equipment is checked and calibrated regularly. Work tools are Craftsman, Snap-on, Matco or other quality brands.
*Safety Class is held 30 min after opening hours of the facility. Shop Safety Cards for facility use issued upon completion of class.
- Hunter Auto Skills Center
The Hunter Auto Center is a 16 bay facility. There ar 7 lifts, bays without lifts, engine overhaul area, tool check out, work benches in bay areas, and motorcycle repair areas. We are currently increasing our parts inventory to include most fast service filters, fluids, lights and etc.
Special tools and equipment include Snap-On alignment machine, three tire changers, Snap-On Computer Analysis, Sun starting/charging tester, Hunter tire balancers, two A/C recharging units. The equipment available at the Hunter autocraft shop is modern and up to date. Test equipment is checked and calibrated regularly. Work tools are Craftsman, Snap-on, Matco or other quality brands.
*Safety Class is held 15 min after opening hours of the facility. Shop Safety Cards for facility use issued upon completion of class.
- A patron does not have to be a mechanic to use the facility as we have instructors on duty to assist & advise you.
- Of course, you should not attempt repairs without the knowledge that is required to complete the repair.
- Patrons must have a valid shop safety card, which is free and is issued upon the completion of the Safety Class which is held 30 minutes after the facility is open for operations at Fort Stewart and 15 minutes at Hunter AAF.
- Upon check-in, shop safety card & valid military/DoD civilian ID must be presented.
- Appropriate closed toed shoes and clothing required.
- Parking for customers is located in front of the facility. Only vehicles that are being worked on will be allowed behind the gated area.
- Please note that vehicles left overnight outside the gated area are located in a tow away zone and may be towed at the owners expense & will be charged a storage fee.
- Vehicles left behind gated area for continued repair or work by the individual patron must inform the front counter and fill out a storage form.
The fees includes bay use and tools and of course verbal assistance from our instructors.
- Towing & Storage Rates
Towing (FS & HAAF)
Towing Price Garrison Towing (FS Only) $50 On post towing 15 miles one way of FS ASC (FS & HAAF) $55
- All tows over 30 miles round trip of Fort Stewart ASC will be charged $2 per mile from point of pick up to the Fort Stewart ASC to include Hunter AAF.
- All tows between the hours of 9 p.m. – 9 a.m. will be charged an additional $5 for each hour required.
DES Initiated | Abandoned Vehicle (FS & HAAF)
Towing Price On post (Fort Stewart) up to 30 miles from FS ASC $85 On post (HAAF) $115 Clean up accident site non-hazardous $10 Administrative Fee $40+
- Calls between the hours of 9 p.m. – 9 a.m. will be charged and additional $5 for each hour required.
DES Initiated | In-fractional (FS Only)
Towing Price On-Post (Fort Stewart) up to 30 miles from FS ASC $125 Clean up accidents site non-hazardous $10 Administration Fee $40+
Important Please Read
All rates apply to towing performed by Fort Stewart ASC wrecker for vehicle with a gross weight rating of 10,000 pounds or less. Wrecker service called in by FS ASC will be charged to the vehicles owner at cost plus 15%.
Vehicles towed to the vehicle storage yard and picked up within 24 hours from being towed will not be charged storage but will incur the tow fee and $40 administrative fee. All vehicles towed to the vehicle storage yard and not removed within 24 hours will be charged a $25 per day storage charge when picked-up by the vehicle’s owner or lien holder.
- Auto Resale Lot
The auto resale lot is located at the PX Furniture Store Parking Lot, Bldg. 419 on Fort Stewart and across from Lincoln Cemetery off N. Middle Ground Rd on Hunter AAF. If you would like to put your private vehicle up for sale you must register your vehicle at the Libby or Hunter Auto Center.
Item Cost Motorcycles/ATV's $12/month Car, Truck, SUV $18/month Motor Homes, Campers, Boats $24/month
Viewing of these vehicles can be done at any time. Information on prices and contact number will be listed in the windshield for each vehicle.
Vehicles not registered at Libby or Hunter Auto Center will be towed away at the owner's expense and risk.
- Customer Reviews
"The facility manager Ben was extremely helpful. The place was very busy on the weekend that I came in and he was walking around the bays and asking if anyone needed any help. I spoke to him about my vehicle and he gave me the guidance and information I needed to get the job done. He even took some time and physically helped me replace some parts which saved me some money. He and his staff were super nice and helpful. The facility does seem to be in need of a makeover, but it is an auto shop. Facility seems to be a bit understaffed with only three of them doing maintenance, helping and assisting customers like myself with repairs and checking customers in and out at the front counter. Overall, I love the facility and think it is a great thing to have available for us to use."
The staff at the Libby Auto Shop have been beyond helpful! The manager and mechanic didn't hesitate to step in and help with thier knowledge. I was able to find the problem and save me hundreds of dollars vs taking it to a shop.
S. Oberlander, The staff have always been helpful and knowledgeable. They have gone above and beyond to help the service members or veterans.
"I am very pleased with the service I receive at the Auto shop. Mr. Chris and Mr. Keith went way above my expectations when fixing my car. Mr. Martin was very nice too!"
"Bravo! to Keith, Chris and SPC Maruln! great job with great service!"
"The staff was outstanding. More soldiers need to use this service! Great job!"
"Very helpful staff. Top notch facility 100%"
"Chris and Keith are a great assets to the veterans of Chatham county!"
"Employee went above and beyond to help me with my car repairs. Employees were both professional, knowledgable and friendly. The work was completed quiclky and done correctly. I highly recommend them for any of your auto care needs."
C Miles, "Employee helped me out on 5 Jul. Excellent service, awesome attitude! Will definitely come back for his help."
Automotive Skill Centers
Libby Automotive Skill Centers
Hunter Automotive Skill Centers