Family & MWR Response to COVID-19
- Program Reopening Updates
Updated as of 18 May
- Still closed for bowling but open for to-go, curbside food orders from the Strike Zone Snack Bar, 12-8pm, Wed-Sun, 767-4866
- Reduced capacity, authorized DoD cardholder only
- Pro shops & driving ranges are open, we are renting carts (single rider only), greens/cart fees will apply
- All water jugs on the course have been removed so remember to bring water
- We are still maintaining social distancing protocols and health protection measures (e.g. sanitizing carts)
Pet Boarding's doggy daycare is open, curbside service only. Pet Boarding services will open with limited space on 22 May. Call 435-8052 to make your reservation.
- Reopening 11 May (daily 1100-1700)
- Reopening 9 May to Mossy Oak Gun Club members
- Reopening equipment rental on a reservation basis and curb side service only, starting 15 May (daily 1100-1700)
- Items will be limited to boats/kayaks/canoes/grills/uti
- We will reopen equipment rental to on a reservation basis and curb side service only, starting 15 May (Fri-Mon, 1100-1700)
- Items will be limited to boats/kayaks/canoes/grills/uti
- Curbside pickup service only starting 11 May (Mon-Fri, 1000-1500)
- You must reserve materials via email or phone, and utilize curb service for pick up and return
- Reserve items by calling the library at (912) 767-2828 during business hours
- Child & Youth Services - Reopening Phases
Updated: 3 June
- Child & Youth Services
Updated as of 3 June
Parent Central Services: Closed to walk-in customers until further notice. We will continue to serve customers online or via the telephone. Pre-clearing checks will be conducted by our staff. Patrons with a balance will be contacted to pay via WebTrac. We ask that patrons contact Parent Central Services to make an appointment so our staff can sign the document. This will be the only exception for foot traffic in this office.
- Fort Stewart: 500 Linquist Rd., bldg. 438, Ft Stewart, GA 31314 / +1 (912)767-2312
- Hunter AAF: 171 Haley Ave., bldg. 1286, Savannah, GA 31409 / +1 (912)315-5425
- A Mission Essential Personnel Verification Form (MEPV) is required to receive care.
- Mission Essential patrons will make payments on WebTrac or at their respective CYS facility.
New Registrations: Currently limited to Mission Essential patrons. The registration packet will be emailed to customer to complete at home. The completed packet can be sent mail, fax (FS) 912-767-5334 / (HAAF) 912-315-3476, or email for processing. Staff will contact you to verify the information is received and accurate.
- CYS Registration Requirements:
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of DEERS enrollment
- Parent Contact Information
- Two Emergency Contacts (name, telephone and physical address)
- Current LES/Paystubs (can be obtained by Service Member's Rear-D Commander)
- Current Shot Records
- Health Screening Tool (special diets, allergies, and needs must be addressed)
Re-Registrations: Re-registration packet will be emailed to patrons to complete and mail, fax (FS) 912-767-5334 / (HAAF) 912-315-3476, or email for processing. Staff will contact you to verify the information is received and accurate.
- Documents such as immunization record, health assessments, health screening tool, medical action plans, family care plans, and other specialized documents can either be uploaded directly to your household via WebTrac or you can mail, fax (FS) 912-767-5334 / (HAAF) 912-315-3476, email. Staff will be available via phone (FS) +1 (912)767-2312 (HAAF) +1 (912)315-5425 or email to assist patrons with uploading documents to WebTrac.
Expiration for medical forms required, such as immunization record, health assessments, and medical action plans may be extended due to most hospitals/clinics not accepting appointments at this time. Staff will annotate these details in the CYMS database and extend the expiration date for 30 days and as needed.
Non-Mission Essential Patrons: For patrons that are not designated 'mission essential,' your children shall retain their space in our program. We will contact our patrons via CYS registered email addresses when CYS resumes normal operation. Fees will be suspended until our program resumes normal operation. Accounts will be credited for any payments that have been made and will be applied when normal CYS operations resume.
Patrons clearing: Pre-clearing checks will be conducted by our staff. Patrons with a balance will be contacted to pay via WebTrac. We ask that patrons contact Parent Central Services to make an appointment so our staff can sign the document. This will be the only exception for foot traffic in this office.
In response to COVID-19 Family & MWR has implemented the following Child and Youth Services (CYS) program updates:
- HAAF Childcare: Effective, 7 Apr: We have consolidated School Age Center, into the Child Development Center (Bldg. 8807) to improve service delivery. If you have any questions, please contact Bldg. 8807 at +1 (912)315-9018.
- CDC Bldg. 148, CDC Bldg. 8805- Temporarily closed to improve delivery of care to Mission Critical Families.
- FS Childcare: Effective 7 Apr: We have consolidated School Age Center (Bldg. 5655) into the Child Development Center (Bldg. 475), +1 (912)767-1038.
- CDC Bldg. 403, CDC Bldg. 5500, CDC Bldg. 7100 & SAC Bldg. 5655- Temporarily closed to improve delivery of care to Mission Critical Families.
- Temporarily closed: Middle School Teen Program at both FS/HAAF.
- Suspended: Hourly care, instructional classes, and all CYS Sports & Fitness programs on FS/HAAF. This includes programming in CYS Sports & Fitness Center, Bldg. 7160.
- Postponed: Month of the Military Child Party (FS).
- Cancelled: All 'Month of the Military Child' Activities on Stewart & Hunter.
- Temporary School Age Care is available to Mission Essential only at this time. Approved Mission Essential patrons not currently enrolled in a Before/After School program will be charged the weekly camp rate for care.
In an effort to reinforce the health and safety measures for children, parents, and staff, we are enforcing handwashing upon entry to all MWR facilities. Thank you for your continued support and understanding.
For patrons that chose to temporarily withdraw their children from childcare programs in an effort to self-quarantine, those forms have been extended until 4/24/2020 to align with local school districts and can be found here. During the pause, you will not be charged any fees. To submit the completed form via email and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add the CDC in which your child attends on the form. Please note: Conditions of the Self-Quarantine Agreement will be subject to change based upon further guidance from State and Federal Officials.
- Pre-K Lottery Registration
- GA Pre-K Information
Updated as of 7 May, 1710hrs.
Georgia Pre-K launched an online tool, GA Pre-K @ Home, for Families to access daily activities, story time, virtual field trips & more!
Please read the important information below regarding the FS/HAAF Georgia Pre-K Program:
- Fort Stewart GA Pre-K will be closed starting 18 March until further notice. Pre-K on Fort Stewart follows the school calendar and cancellations as outlined by DoDEA schools.
- Hunter Pre-K students will not return to school after Spring Break as they follow the Savannah Chatham County Public Schools calendar and cancellations.
- GA Pre-K and Kindergarten Families currently enrolled in Before/After school care will receive full-time childcare services at their respective facilities at no additional cost.
- Here is a link to Georgia Pre-K daily at-home resources.
- For inquiries regarding school closures and procedures in regards to COVID-19, please continue to monitor the following school and community websites for real-time information:
- Program Closures & Updates
Updated as of 1 May 0800hrs
In an effort to keep our community safe, we are consolidating our resources and redirecting them, as well as staff, to mission-essential facilities for continuous cleaning in this time of support.
The following activities are closed until further notice:
Corkan Family Fun Center (see below)
Hays Library (see drop down)
Leisure Travel Services (see below)
Corkan Family Fun Center: CLOSED
- Laser Tag
- Bounce house rental
- Stewart & Hunter Club Catering/Private Events:
- The Senior Commander has suspended all military functions for the next two weeks. Our catering staff will remain in contact with reservation POCs regarding scheduled military training and events. We encourage our customers to consider evaluating potential gatherings of 10+ people during this time. Our catering team will contact you in the event of any changes in our operation.
Leisure Travel Services (LTS): CLOSED (FS/HAAF)
- For information or inquiries please call 912-767-8609 or email.
- Please use the link below to cancel flights that have been booked through americanforcestravel.com. This will help avoid long wait times.
- Use Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome for access.
- Here is a link to the Priceline Cancellation Request Form.
For more information on Fitness Centers, Child & Youth Services, Hays Library, Single Service Member Programming (BOSS), and other resources please reference the other accordions on this webpage.
Continue to follow us Facebook for more information and content:
- Hays Library Curbside Service
Updated as of 9 May:
Hays Library is offering curbside pickup service only starting 11 May (Mon-Fri, 1000-1500). You must reserve materials via email or phone, and utilize curb service for pick up and return. Reserve items by calling the library at (912) 767-2828 during business hours.
There are a wide variety of online library resources available to patrons. Don't have an account? No worries! Simply give them a call and they'll get you up.
We have a lot of great digital resources and activities from our Hays Library and MWR team on our Facebook page. Content will be posted daily. Be sure to follow us at
- Sports & Fitness Center Updates
Updated as of 28 March 1000hrs:
All Fitness Centers on FSHAAF have been closed until further notice.
This includes independent 24/7 access at Jordan and Tominac, all indoor pools, swim lessons, and locker room usage (for storage and showering).
Intramural Sports (FS/HAAF) have been postponed until further notice.
Thank you and we look forward to reopening very soon!
- Better Opportunities for Single Soldiers (BOSS)
The following BOSS events have been cancelled/suspended:
- BOSS Savannah Riverboat Cruise & Southern Buffet
- BOSS Movie Night (March & April)
- BOSS Savannah ComicCon
- BOSS Axe Throwing
- BOSS Run Club
- BOSS Trip to Atlanta
- Lead of Faith Rescure Volunteering
- Painting with BOSS
- Eat, Learn, Shop
- Liberty Humane Society Volunteering
- BOSS Social (April 14)
BOSS Representative and Division Reps meetings have been canceled until further notice.
We are doing this in an effort to uphold the concept of social distancing. Currently, we are coordinating outdoor activities to get Soldiers out of the barracks so stay tuned for more details. If you are interested in what is planned, please contact us via the information above.
- RV & Private Storage
Updated as of 1 May 0745hrs
- RV Storage is open. Customers can still access their property this time. We ask that you please check-in and contact the Outdoor Adventure Centers on Stewart or Hunter.
- Fort Stewart Storage Lot For customers who do not have 24hr access, our team will be available M-F from 0800-1500 for access to your stored property. If you would like to coordinate a time, please call (912) 435-9303. There is no change or impact to customers that have 24hr access to the FS Private Storage Lot.
- HAAF Private Storage Lot For customers who do not have 24hr access, our team will be available by appointment. If you would like to confirm and coordinate a time, please contact us via email. There is no change or impact to customers that have 24hr access to the HAAF Private Storage Lot.
- Event Notices On Post
Updated 7 April 1111hrs.
In an effort to maintain social distancing and consolidate our resources to keep our critical facilities open we have decided to change some of our upcoming events and programs.
We highly encourage you to follow our Facebook page for daily digital content and fun stuff during this time. Find us @StewartHunterFMWR.
The following events have been postponed:
- Month of the Military Child Out of this World Party (3/28)
- Post-Wide Yard Sale FS/HAAF (5/2)
- Functional Fitness Challenge (5/2)
The following events have been cancelled:
- Fridays on the Fort Block Party (April)
- All Month of the Military Child individual program activities on Stewart & Hunter.
- Bourbon Dinner at Club Stewart
- Wine & Jazz on Ft. Stewart
- Easter Brunch at Club Stewart
- Spring Carnival on Ft. Stewart
- Toddler Easter Egg Hunt
- Super Important Links
We encourage you to stay up to date. To do that, we've provided your with the following pages that will immediately impact our community. Keep monitoring and stay informed for real-time changes:
- Stewart-Hunter Garrison Website
- Stewart-Hunter Family & MWR
- DODEA FS/HAAF
- Liberty County School System
- Bryan County School System
- Long County School System
- Chatham County School System
Follow us on Facebook for ongoing updates and content:
In order to make the best decisions you need information, so we at Stewart-Hunter Family & MWR are consolidating and updating all the information we have on this webpage as it relates to COVID-19. As our staff continues to enforce health and safety measures to ensure clean and sanitary environments, know that the health and safety of our Soldiers, Families, Retirees and workforce is of utmost importance to us.
We do have a lot of great digital resources and activities from our Hays Library and MWR team on our facebook page. Content will be posted daily. We hope you enjoy our MWR@Home COVIDEOS, so be sure to follow us at @StewartHunterFMWR.
We will continue to update this page as changes and updates occur. We appreciate your patience as we continue to navigate through these ever-changing circumstances.